Kids in Focus is excited to return to Emerson School for our Spring After-school Program this January! We’d love for you to mentor!
8 incredible mentors + 16 deserving kids = KIF Magic
If you can join us for this remarkable journey with the kids, please sign up below. Please be sure you can commit to all dates in bold. We ask you to understand the importance of you being there consistently for your kids. We also understand something unexpected and unavoidable may arise.
All five Field Trip days will start and end at the school. KIF will provide the bus for everyone for the field trips. We will be with the kids for 3 hours. Each mentor will work with the same two kids throughout the program. Additional details, including file-management instructions, will be sent to those who sign up. The Pre-Program Meeting will review the program in detail, answer any remaining questions you may have, provide you with the names and backgrounds of your kids, and allow you to meet the other mentors.
1915 E Palm Ln, Phoenix, AZ 85006
- Pre-Program Meeting via Zoom: Monday, Jan. 8, 6:00 – 7:00pm
- Field Trip 1: Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Field Trip 2: Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Field Trip 3: Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Field Trip 4: Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Field Trip 5: Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2:00 – 5:00pm
- Field Trip to Mutoh America: Mon., Mar 4, 2:15 – 5:15pm: (*Optional*, but you won’t want to miss). Date is subject to change.
- Exhibit Opening at Arizona Heritage Center: Thurs, April 4, 5:30 – 7:30pm
- Wrap Party and Book Signing: Tues, April 9, 2:30 – 3:30pm: Time subject to change.
This group of kids will join two other groups from Geneva Epps Mosley Middle School and Children First Leadership Academy, at an incredible field trip to Mutoh and again at the Exhibit Opening.
We understand the After-School Program is a big commitment for each Mentor. It is also the most impactful program for the kids and the most rewarding for the Mentors. The kids’ images taken during this program will be unveiled at the Annual Exhibit Opening on April 4th, and will then travel around the Valley to various locations, starting at the Arizona Science Center.
SIGN UP BELOW